The bulk of your home’s appliances are powder coated. To survive the wear and tear of everyday use, appliances require long-lasting coatings. From the utility area to the kitchen, these equipment are utilised on a daily basis and require special protection. At R&M Industries, as leading powder coatings paint suppliers, our finishings are designed to withstand the harsh environments in which they are utilised. This ranges from small appliances to huge industrial units and automotive parts.
There’s no wonder demand for powder coating in the domestic industry is increasing year on year.
R&M Powder Coating Manufacturing Processes
We collaborate with the OEM in the initial design stage whenever possible. Consequently, allowing the powder coated parts to be designed for better manufacturability.
When we participate in the design process, we can provide insights and experience into how different aspects of part design affect its manufacturability. We can foresee, for example, whether a part designed in a specific way will have even powder coverage.
We can positively influence the part design when we are involved early on because we have extensive experience in how it will be painted.
The Reasons For Powder Coating Appliances
Powder coatings account for 70-75 percent of OEM-applied coatings in the appliance industry. Powder coating appliances have a variety of advantages for coaters, end users, and the environment.
These Advantages Include:
- Environmentally and health-friendly – Because powder coating does not use solvents, there are no VOC emissions that are harmful to coaters and the environment. Overspray powder can be collected and recycled with a 95% recovery rate, resulting in little to no waste.
- Cost and time efficiency – Powder coating appliances are a cost-effective option due to the ease of an automated process, simple application, one-coat finishes, and a cure time of minutes rather than days.
- Durable and hard-wearing – Powder coating, which is abrasion resistant, anti-chipping, and anti-scratching, protects against the wear and tear of daily use.
- Highly resistant finish – Powder coating provides temperature, corrosion, and chemical resistance to a substrate, allowing it to be used in a variety of applications ranging from kettles to ovens and dishwashers.
- A variety of attractive finishes –There are a plethora of colours, textures, and effects to choose from, and you can even purchase powder coating powder in custom shades.
What Household Appliances Can You Powder Coat?
At R&M we can help you with powder coating household kitchen appliances and small electrical appliances such as:
Clothes dryers, cookers, dishwashers, fans, freezers, microwaves, refrigerators, television components, washing machines and more. In addition to smaller appliances such as toasters, irons and vacuum cleaners.
What is the Maximum Size Part You Can Powder Coat?
We have a cutting-edge powder coating plant, and the envelope size for our workshop is 2.4m long by 1.3m high by 400ml deep. Powder coating can, however, be applied after installation if necessary.
What Benefits Can Working With R&M Offer Your Business?
We are used to high quality standards. For instance, we powder coat a lot of automotive parts, including instrument panels, consoles, and other interior trim. The automotive industry is accustomed to A Class powder coating, so working with the automotive industry has increased our capabilities. This is welcomed by large appliance OEMs and other industry leaders looking to eliminate imperfections and scratches in the finish.
Our goal is always the same: to produce high-quality powder coated products. Adding extra value has been a major priority for us. Our facilities, technology, and experienced team position us to assist you with any powder coating demand, regardless of specification.
As leading powder coating paint suppliers, R&M has years of experience. Therefore, we are able to offer powder coatings that fulfil the performance needs of all worldwide appliance manufacturers. Additionally, with creative colour styling, we can supply in a broad spectrum of powder possibilities.